The mission of the Department of Library Services “is to be an enabler for learning, teaching and research success at the University of Pretoria”. The Department of Library Services has a number of Strategic Focus areas, one of which is Research Enablement. Research support is one of the services provided by the Information Specialists and the Research Commons across all faculty libraries. The services offered to researchers at our libraries include:
- creating and populating ORCiD profiles;
- assistance with creating Google Scholar profiles;
- author citation analysis (Researcher Overview Reports);
- accredited journals and journal ranking support (Journal Impact Factors);
- benchmarking with other Universities (Benchmarking Reports); and,
- collaboration analysis (Collaboration Reports).
Researchers who intend to apply to rating agencies can contact their Information Specialist to arrange for the compilation of the required bibliometric information. All researchers who require this information are requested to also forward the call for applications that they received, along with a CV containing all their publication information, to ensure that the bibliometric information provided complies with the requirements and standards of the rating agency. Bibliometric requests can be time-intensive and, as such, all requests must reach the relevant Information Specialist as soon as the researcher starts with their application process. This ensures that the specialist has the appropriate time to deliver this service.
Should you have any questions in this regard, you may contact Sunette Steynberg at [email protected] or the relevant Faculty Library Manager.