Students who have permission to be on campus may follow the following procedure to place an available book on hold:
- Visit the Library website at www.libary.up.ac.za
- Scroll to the search bar underneath the “Lockdown Phase 3” banner.
- Select “Books”
- Type the title of the book you need by title or author in the search bar and press Enter.
- You can filter results by selecting “Print book” under the Format tab.
- Click on the title of the book you need.
- Ensure that the book's status indicates that it is "Available"
- Scroll and click on the “Place hold” blue button.
- Provide your portal information.
- Submit the request.
- The library will communicate the exact time at which the book can be collected. Check your email for confirmation.
- The pick-up location of the book will be the library where the book is located.
Criteria to obtain access to printed books
The following criteria will be required for the collection of books from the library during level 3 of the lockdown:
- Only staff and students with permission from their department to be on campus will be allowed to collect books from the library.
- Students and staff members must place a hold on the available books beforehand.
- The scheduled time for the collection of books is from 9:00-15:00 on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- Only the person who placed the hold on the book is allowed to collect the book.