KEY RESEARCH IMPACT
EBIT’s Department of Construction Economics conducts research in the fields of construction management, quantity surveying and real estate. Some of its projects relate to building cost index and life-cycle costing in the built environment, and models for improving the costs of residential properties and shopping malls.
The University of Pretoria places a great emphasis on research and requires each Department at UP to achieve certain research targets. The Department of Construction Economics is actively involved in research and our research finds are made available through publications and at conferences.
Our research is mainly focused on these selected research areas:
- Project and Facilities management
- Construction cost data bases, escalation and indices. Life cycle costing. Standard documentation in construction
- Profiling and Well-being in the Built Environment
- Financial Management
- Green Buildings
- Short term building insurance, building cost modelling
- Contracts and Property Law
- BIM, VR and AR applications in construction
- Construction Project Management and BIM
- Construction Innovation and Construction Procurement
- Teaching, Learning and Human Capital in the Built Environment
For more information on the above research areas, click here.
Our research is accessible through the UP Library platform called UP Space. Click on the image below to gain direct access to UP Space.
Click on image