MASTER’S BURSARY PROGRAMME: CENTER FOR NUCLEAR SAFETY AND SECURITY
The National Nuclear Regulator (NNR) is a public entity which is established and governed in terms of Section 3 of the National Nuclear Regulator Act, (Act No 47 of 1999) to provide for the protection of persons, property and the environment against nuclear damage through the establishment of safety standards and regulatory practices.
The NNR has recently established a Centre for Nuclear Safety & Security (CNSS) aimed at developing skills and capacity in nuclear safety and security for the country and the Region.
Call for Applications
Through the CNSS, the NNR hereby invites bursary applications for talented young South Africans seeking to study for Master’s Degree in Nuclear Engineering at North Carolina State University (NCSU) in USA. The Masters studies will be in the area of multi-physics nuclear reactor computational simulations for safety analysis and evaluations. This comprehensive bursary covers all the cost associated with university studies.
- South African citizen
- Valid Passport (Successful Candidates only)
- Pass the interview and other screening procedure’s
- Completed 4 year degree in Nuclear Physics, Nuclear Engineering or related field
- Take and pass Test in English as a Second Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 80 or International English
- Language Testing System (IETLS) with a minimum score of 6.5
- Be willing to serve a service obligation (as determined by the NNR) associated with the scholarship
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of ID
- Academic records and certificates
- Two letters of reference from academic institutions
How To Apply Applications or enquiries should be emailed
- Programmes Coordinator: Mr Madimetja Segobola
- Email: [email protected]
- Tel: 012 001 2791
- Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
Closing Date 01 June 2018
- Further information can be obtained from the following links:
- National Nuclear Regulator: [http://www.nnr.co.za]
- North Carolina State Univeristy: [https://www.ncsu.edu]
- Original Advert