In order to give credence to the fields of research mention above, the Centre will embark on the following activities:
- Work on joint research projects with other centres, department and faculties which share and can enhance the objectives of the Centre. Examples of such engagements will include, yet not exclusively, across all departments in the Faculty of Theology and Religion, the Centre for Faith and Community, the Faculty of Law, Faculty of Humanities, Faculty of Education and Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- Host and organise conferences, seminars and consultations on matters related to the fields of research on the Centre
- Publish findings accredited journals and publish books
- Ensure that the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations are fully considered in all research activities.
- Raise funds to support research projects and to sustain the Centre
- Provide supervision postgraduate students
- To internationalise the Centre to incorporate universities (though not exclusively) from the BRICS block of countries