The Centre for Communication and Reputation Management (CCRM) is mainly a research-oriented centre and has been created to serve internal and external stakeholders and clients with combined efforts in the provision of:
- communication research, education programmes, training and consultation in communication and reputation management
- communication skills training
- programmes and courses in executive communication and reputation management
- communication management coaching and mentoring to executives
- research on stakeholder engagement and community involvement
- research, training and monitoring of communication and reputation management
- research in communication of corporate responsibility
The CCRM boasts an international Board of Advisors (with Judge Mervyn King as Chair); it has ties with likeminded universities in the world and other institutions offering research, education and training in communication and reputation management and public relations. It has embarked on various strategic alliances to fill possible gaps in knowledge and expertise in the communication industry and practice and is currently involved in national and international research projects. The sharing of research projects, findings and experience is pivotal for the CCRM.
The CCRM is housed within in the Division of Communication Management in the Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences at the University of Pretoria. The CCRM began its operations in the beginning of 2012.