Academic transcripts

Qualification-verification services

Requests for academic records, transcripts, reprints of certificates, qualification verification letters

For all requests for verification documents of qualifications obtained at the University of Pretoria, please email [email protected] and click here to access and download the request form.

Tel: +27 (0) 12 420 2168/6939


E-certificates (E-Module)

Visit the link below to register and access your secured digital certificate(s) and/or share with employers or third parties. E-certificates can only be viewed.

Sign-up and register with your 8-digit UP student number, an active email address and your personal particulars.


Tel: +27 (0) 12 420 5222/6939


Product type

Turnaround time

and price

Product description

Academic record

5 working days;


An official full statement of a student’s results per year of study, reflecting marks for all passed and failed modules. Also included is a student’s cumulative and weighted averages per year, as well as confirmation of completion of the qualification and a certificate of conduct.

Declaration certificate/name change/language declaration certificate

5 working days;

R150 per certificate

A reprint of the degree certificate received at graduation.


A name change declaration can be requested by students who have errors on their original degree certificate or who have officially changed their names or surnames on their ID documents. Please provide new proof of identification.

Qualification-verification letter

5 working days;


A short official letter that confirms the qualification/s completed. The letter includes student information as well as the first date of registration, completion date, and the conferment/ awarding date of the qualification.

Academic transcript/

Academic transcript reprint

30 working days;

R600 per qualification/ 5 working days;

R150 per qualification

A comprehensive document that includes general information about the University, faculty-specific regulations, student-specific qualification and curriculum information, as well as brief descriptions of all modules passed. It may include practical/ clinical hours completed if applicable to the qualification. / Copy of transcript requested previously.


Education-verification form

5 working days;


A formal document that requires the University to fill in specific student and qualification information. This document is often a requirement of specific national and international institutions for individual registration or accreditation purposes, and must be stamped and signed by the University. Examples of institutions that require questionnaires are WES, ECER, CAPR, FCCPT, LSAC, ICAS, HCPC, CES, the Nursing Council of NZ, medical councils, law societies, and more. If the forms require syllabus information, then an academic transcript must be requested by the student.

NKP/Goudstad and other teachers’ colleges (Higher Education Diploma – four-year training)


4 to 6 weeks; once your specific information is manually captured, costs are the same for any of the products available above

This diploma was offered by Onderwyskollege Pretoria (College of Education Pretoria), into which Goudstad and Heidelberg Onderwyskolleges were amalgamated. Onderwyskollege Pretoria was incorporated into UP on 1 January 2000, and the courses offered and diplomas awarded by the college are recognised and endorsed by UP. If you completed your Higher Education Diploma with these colleges and would like to request academic documents or a verification, please complete the application form and send it to [email protected] We will determine if your records have been captured; if not, we will let you know via email.


Frequently asked questions

How long will it take to receive my documents?

Once a completed verification request form and proof of payment has been sent to [email protected], please allow 2 to 3 working days for your request to be captured.

Turnaround times apply to each product after a request form and proof of payment (PDF) has been received. You will receive confirmation of receipt via email.

Can my request be expedited?

We handle all requests on a first-come, first-served basis; all requests will be dealt with timeously and fairly.

Can I make my request in person and pay in cash at the university?

No. We handle all requests electronically. Please send all correspondence and documents to [email protected]

Can I collect hard copies of my documents?

Yes. Documents can be collected at the Verifications Office on Hatfield Campus in Pretoria. You may also send someone to collect the documents on your behalf. The collection address will be sent to you once your request has been processed.

Can the documents be couriered to me?

Yes. We make use of DHL courier services, and can have your documents couriered to you locally or internationally at an additional fee. Courier fees are indicated on the request form.

Can I request only an electronic/ scanned version of my documents?

Yes. We will scan and send your documents to the email address provided on the request form. Your scanned documents can also be sent directly to a third party or institution’s email address if necessary.

Can I receive an academic record with passed subjects only?

No. According to University policy, only full academic records for all modules passed and failed for all qualifications registered for are provided.

Can I have a certificate of good conduct separated from the academic records?

No. We provide only full academic records, with the certificate of conduct included.

Can you upload my documents electronically to the WES portal?

Yes. When submitting your request, please let us know that you would like your documents to be uploaded to the WES portal. Please request product 5 (Questionnaire) along with the records or declaration as prescribed by WES. Kindly include your WES reference number in your application.

Can I receive a letter confirming the NQF level of my qualification?

Yes. We can confirm the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) level of all qualifications registered from the year 2000. For other NQF-related queries, please contact the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) directly.

Can the University confirm that I completed my studies in English?

A Medium of Instruction letter can be drawn up. For assistance, send an email to [email protected]

Will my documents be stamped and signed?

Yes. All documents are printed on official University stationery and stamped with the current date. If the document requires a signature, it will be signed by an authorised University official.

- Author Department of University Relations

Copyright © University of Pretoria 2023. All rights reserved.

COVID-19 Corona Virus South African Resource Portal

To contact the University during the COVID-19 lockdown, please send an email to [email protected]

FAQ's Email Us Virtual Campus Share Cookie Preferences