The Department of Paraclinical Sciences is one of five academic departments of the Faculty of Veterinary Science. The Department was formed in May 2001 following restructuring at the Faculty. The Department comprises four sections representing the primary disciplines of Pathology, Pharmacology, Toxicology and Veterinary Public Health. The Phytomedicine programme is also hosted in the Department. While each individual section is responsible for the maintenance and development of their respective disciplines, they function as a unit in pursuing the Departmental mission.
The following laboratories are located in the Department:
- Diagnostic Pathology Reference Laboratory
- Immunohistochemistry Laboratory
- Phytomedicine Laboratory
- Veterinary Pharmaceutical Analytical Laboratory
- Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology Laboratory
- Cell Culture Laboratory
- Veterinary Public Health Laboratory
The Section of Pharmacology and Toxicology also serves as an information centre for veterinary drugs and animal poisonings.