Humanities Faculty Research Themes (FRTs)
Enhancing research capacity in the Humanities through multi-disciplinary team research projects
funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
The key objectives of the FRTs are to:
- contribute to the resurgence of the Humanities in South Africa.
- enhance research capacity and productivity in the Faculty of Humanities.
- engender and support multi-disciplinary research in the faculty.
- foster public intellectual activity as a means of making the products of scholarly endeavours more widely accessible.
- create greater visibility for the participating projects so as to draw post-graduate students and emerging scholars into the academy.
- develop an enabling environment for post-graduate students and scholars.
- strengthen some of the key research thrusts in the faculty.
- empirically examine the effectiveness of multi-disciplinary team research projects as catalysts for increased research outputs, innovative research and research capacitation in the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- lay the basis for the establishment of a Humanities Centre at the University of Pretoria.
Share this page