The Temporary Student Committee, through the University, can assist students who applied for student accommodation but have not yet been placed. The accommodation includes places in UP residences that become available on a continuous basis or places at accredited accommodation providers. Please note that at this late stage the places that are offered to students may not necessarily be their first choice.
Students can also visit the registration desk at the Sports Campus. For any other queries, please visit www.up.ac.za
or contact the Student Service Centre on 012 420 3111.
Official University residences have capacity to accommodate approximately 15% of the student body. Given the limited capacity, preference is given to students who meet the most of the following criteria:
- the student must be registered for the academic year
- student must have applied on time,
- the student must have obtained a grade point average of at least 50%,
- student must be provisionally funded by NSFAS,
- preference is given to first year students.
Share this page
Last edited by Ansa HeylEdit
UP students looking for accommodation