Urology at the University of Pretoria
Welcome to the University of Pretoria's Department of Urology
Mission: Our mission is Service Deliviery, Research, Community involvement and Academic output. Respect one another. Focus on productivity and patient satisfaction by following Batho Pele Principles
Vission: The vision of the Department o fURology is to practice Urology with excellence.
The Department of Urology at the University of Pretoria is involved in the training of both under- and postgraduate students. The Department of Urology is also a Société Internationale d'Urologie (SIU) approved Urology training centre for extra-numerary students and post graduation students in various areas.
Research in the Department of Urology is important with emphasis on four major areas:
- Prostate cancer. The Department is leading the South African leg of an international prostate cancer study, in collaboration with scientists from Australia and the University of Limpopo.
- Male reproductive health.
- Human and environmental health impacts of indoor residual spray (IRS) pesticides.
- Endocrine disrupting chemicals.
- Oncology Prostate and Renal
- Pelvic health, Urethral stricture
- Endourology and Laparoscopic surgery
Andrology, in collaboration with the School of Health Systems and Public Health, is part of the Environmental Chemical Pollution and Health Research Unit.
The Department values commitment, respect, teamwork and passion.
Our motto is to “practice urology at greater heights”.
Share this page