Email us

FAQ

Aula Pipe Organ

The Aula Pipe Organ

The organ in the AULA auditorium was originally built in 1904 for the Dutch Reformed Church in Bosman Street, Pretoria by the English organ building firm, Brindley & Foster. At that time the instrument had three manuals and Pedal with 30 registers. In 1957, it was enlarged by South African Organ Builders to 38 registers. The organ was purchased by the University in 2004, and was enlarged and installed in the AULA by Charles Hart as part of the upgrading of the auditorium.

 

Specifications

Great

Diapason 16’

Open Diapason 8’

Claribel 8’

Principal 4’

Waldflöte 4’

Twelfth 2 2/3’

Fifteenth 2’

Mixture IV-V

Fagott 16’

Trumpet 8’

Tromba 8’

Clarion 4’

Choir

Open Diapson 8’

Gedeckt 8’

Dulciana 8’

Harmonic Flute 4’

Principal 4’

Harmonic Piccolo 2’

Fifteenth 2’

Sequialtera II

Mixture III

Fagott 16’

Tromba 8’

Clarinet 8’

Clarion 4’

Tremulant

Swell

Lieblich Bourdon 16’

Open Diapason 8’

Open Flute 8’

Viole d’Orchestre 8’

Voix Celeste 8’

Principal 4’

Cor de Nuit 4’

Piccolo 2’

Mixture III

Oboe 8’

Cornopean 8’

Vox Humana 8’

Tremulant

Bombarde (playable from any manual)

Bombarde 16’

Trompette 8’

Clarion 4’

Cornet V

Mixture V

Pedal

Double Open Wood 32’

Contra Bourdon 32’

Open Wood 16’

Subbass 16’

Principal 8’

Bass Flute 8’

Octave 4’

Fagott 16’

Trombone 16’

Trumpet 8’

Clarion 4’

Couplers

 

 

Sw-Gr, Ch-Gr, Bom-Gr, Sw-Ch, Bom-Ch, Bom-Sw, Gr-Ped, Ch-Ped, Sw-Ped, Bom-Ped

 

- Author Nicole Hoffmann
Share this page
Last edited by Nicole HoffmannEdit