Join the TuksChess club
22 February 2016
Do you think you have what it takes to represent TuksChess?
Chess is a board game played by two opponents with the objective of putting the opposing King in the checkmate position. This means that the King is unable to move to any other position and has therefore ‘lost the battle’. TuksChess offers the following leagues/tournaments/competitions:
1. Residence League (for any resident/UP faculty student)
2. Closed chess tournaments (strictly for TuksChess registered members)
3. Gauteng Chess League (Chess League between top clubs in northern Gauteng)
4. Gauteng Intervarsity Chess League (university chess league for Gauteng-based universities)
5. Open Blitz chess tournaments
6. Open chess tournaments (These are open to any chess players. Players are expected to pay an entry fee.)
If you would like to join the club, collect and complete a registration forms at Sci-Enza or the LC de Villiers Sports Grounds.
There is a R460 registration fee, which includes:
- TuksChess affiliation,
- monthly chess clinics and practice sessions,
- either a TuksChess shirt or a chess set sponsored by the new Sci-Enza,
- discounts on entry fees for tournaments organised be TuksChess,
- inter-varsity excursions, and
- discounts on USSA participation,
Coaches: Our world-class, professional coaches possess FIDE Development and national instructors’ qualifications.
Venue: Sci-Enza (Hatfield Campus)
Practice sessions: Tuesday and Friday, 15:00–17:00
For more information, please contact the TuksChess Chairperson, Godfrey Kgatle at [email protected] or 079 489 5966.
Share this page
Last edited by Helga NordhoffEdit