Siyanqoba Regional Olympiad Training Programme
The Siyanqoba Regional Olympiad Training Programme is a mathematics olympiad training programme sponsored by the Department of Science and Technology and organised nationally by the South African Mathematics Foundation
. The programme has regional centres across South Africa. The Department of Mathematics and Applied Mathematics at the University of Pretoria is the regional centre for the North Gauteng region (Pretoria and surrounding areas).
The programme is targeted at mathematically gifted learners who have an interest in mathematics. It is not a remedial programme and is not intended for learners who struggle with mathematics and seek extra instruction on school work.
Classes are presented for junior learners (Grades 8 and 9) and senior learners (Grades 10 to 12) at the Hatfield campus of the University of Pretoria. Learners are taught mathematics olympiad problem solving techniques by coaches who themselves have a strong background in mathematics olympiads. The classes are presented free of charge to learners. Learners who do not otherwise have transport may claim a small travel allowance to attend the classes.
The dates and times of the classes for 2017 are as follows:
- Wednesday 1 March, 17:30-19:00
- Wednesday 8 March, 17:30-19:00
- Wednesday 22 March, 17:30-19:00
- Wednesday 29 March, 17:30-19:00
- Wednesday 19 April, 17:30-19:00
- Wednesday 26 April, 17:30-19:00
- Wednesday 3 May, 17:30-19:00
- Wednesday 19 July, 17:30-19:00
- Wednesday 26 July, 17:30-19:00
- Wednesday 2 August, 17:30-19:00
- Wednesday 23 August, 17:30-19:00
- Wednesday 30 August, 17:30-19:00
- Wednesday 6 September, 17:30-19:00
There are no classes in Term 4.
Please contact Ruaan Kellerman at [email protected]
or on (012) 420 2572 for information on how to join.
Share this page
Last edited by Ruaan KellermanEdit