JT Grade 12 Preparation Conference
The Grade 12 Preparation Conference is an initiative of the JuniorTukkie Office of the Department of Enrolment and Student Administration and its main aim is to identify 200 JuniorTukkie academic achievers to attend the Conference in preparation of the final school year end-examination and tertiary studies. This Conference is supported by Investec.
JuniorTukkies with an Admission Point Score (APS) of 38 or higher who are in Grade 12 and provisionally admitted for a study programme at the University of Pretoria, will be invited to apply for attendance of the Grade 12 Preparation Conference that will be held from 30 September to 4 October 2017.
The costs of accommodation, meals and activities during the Conference are sponsored by the University of Pretoria. Members of the JuniorTukkie Society (senior students) assist where necessary.
A comprehensive programme are put together annually and we focus on a broad range of Grade 12 and tertiary topics as well as exciting physical activities. The programme includes the following:
- a creativity workshop by Free Trust Adventures;
- teambuilding activities;
- visits to the faculties where learners will be given the opportunity to ask faculty-specific questions;
- matric enrichment sessions that will be presented by outstanding teachers in Mathematics, Physical Science and Accounting;
- assistance by staff members from the Department of Enrolment and Student Administration regarding awards, bursaries, loans, residence placement, security on campuses, student affairs and student financial readiness;
- eye screening tests (Ster-Kinekor and Spec-Savers support the Preparation Conference);
- a combined Gautrain excursion and visit to Investec, the main sponsor of the Conference;
- a visit to the Hans Merensky Library on the Hatfield Campus; and
- an Experilab show.
Share this page
Last edited by Martie KilianEdit