Authored opt eds, opinion and media articles
- Ratna, N and Hendriks SL (2015). Whose revolution? South Asia may have undergone a ‘green revolution’, but proper nutrition is still not getting through to those that need it. Asia and Pacific Policy Society (APPS) Policy Forum. August 2015. http://www.policyforum.net/whose-revolution/#sthash.P4f2m7ua.dpuf
- Hendriks SL and May J (2015). South African Event for the GNR 2015. Blog. 9 October 2015. http://globalnutritionreport.org/2015/10/09/south-african-event-for-the- gnr-2015/
- Du Plessis, E.M. and Korsten, L. 2014. Linking water quality and microbiological safety of fruit and vegetables from the farm to the market. South African Food Science Technology (FST) Magazine.
- Dzingirayi G. and Korsten, L. 2014. Food safety and quality assurance in the mushroom industry. The Spawn Run, September 2014.
- Jansen van Vuuren, Petrie. “The sleeping pill that wakes up damaged brains” 22 Aug 2014 00:00| Supplement. Mail and Guardian: SA’s best postgraduate research: Young scientists get an opportunity to showcase their research and discoveries” Science Voices. http://mg.co.za/article/2014-08-18-the-sleeping-pill-that-wakes-up- damaged-brains. http://mg.co.za/article/2014-08-18-meatless-mondays-might-be- harmful-in-sa
- Gibson, N (2104). Meatless Mondays might be harmful in SA: Is skipping out on a meaty meal to save the environment doing more harm than good? Mail and Guardian SA’s best postgraduate research: Young scientists get an opportunity to showcase their research and discoveries” Science Voices.22 Aug 2014 00:00| Supplement. http://mg.co.za/article/2014-08-18-meatless-mondays-might-be-harmful-in-sa
- Nokuthula Vilakati (2014). A new ready-to-eat twist on old grains: A typical day for women in resource-poor communities such as the Sekhukhune district in Limpopo is far from easy. Mail and Guardian SA’s best postgraduate research: Young scientists get an opportunity to showcase their research and discoveries. 22 Aug 2014 00:00| Supplement. http://mg.co.za/article/2014-08-15-a-new-ready-to-eat-twist-on-old-grains
- Nokuthula Vilakati (2016). “Indigenous, instant superfood for rural children”, 19 April 2016. Available from: http://www.universityofpretoria.co.za/en/news/post_2264688-indigenous-instant-superfood-for-rural-children.
- Hendriks, SL (2016) “Improving collaboration between food security and nutrition researchers and the media: an effort for policy change”, 19 August 2016. Available from: http://www.universityofpretoria.co.za/en/food-security-policy-innovation-lab/news/post_2341872-improving-collaboration-between-food-security-and-nutrition-researchers-and-the-media-an-effort-for-policy-change .
- Nokuthula Vilakati,(2016) “Why the African food basket should be full of beans and other pulses”, 27 July 2016, Available from: www.up.ac.za/...food.../post_2311190-why-the-african-food-basket-should- be-full-of-beans-and-other-pulses
- Muchenje, V., Hoffman, L.C., Schönfeldt, H.C., Mapiye, C., Korsten, L., McAllister, T., Descalzo, A & Stanford, K., 2015, ‘Special Issue; Food and Nutrition Security: Can science and good governance deliver dinner?’ Food Research International, (appearance in the Food Climate Research Network (FCRN) Newsletter of 30 October 2015).
- Pretorius, B. and Schönfeldt, H.C. (2015) ‘Die vleisfaktor’ Rooivleis/Red Meat, August 2015, pp 86 – 89.
- Van Niekerk, C., Schönfeldt, H.C. and Hall, N. 2015. A potato by any other name. CHIPS magazine, Mei/June 2015, pp 22-25.
- Schönfeldt, H.C. (2015) Is there any truth in the claims that Red Meat causes cancer? Media Release.
- Van Niekerk, C., Schönfeldt, H.C., HallL, N. and Pretorius, B. 2015. Mapping of the traditional South African fried (slap chips) from eleven potato cultivars. CHIPS magazine, January/February 2015.
- Schönfeldt, H.C. and Hall, N. (2015) Fact Sheet: Cancer and Red Meat. Media Release.
- Schönfeldt, H.C. and Hall, N. (2015) How the Cancer Report is misleading the public. Media Release.
- Schönfeldt, H.C. (2015) Does meat cause cancer? Porcus Oct/Nov 2015
- Pretorius, B. and Schönfeldt, H.C. (2016) The contribution of portion size of processed pork to total salt intake in the diet. Porcus Oct/Nov 2015
- Vermeulen, H., Schönfeldt, H.C. and Pretorius, B. (2015) Perception of low LSM consumers. Rooivleis/Red Meat Feb 2015.
- Hall, N., Schönfeldt, H.C. and Pretorius, B. (2015) Lean, Leaner, Leanest. Rooivleis/Red Meat Jun 2015
- Vermeulen, H., Schönfeldt, H.C. and Pretorius, B. (2015) Perception is reality. Rooivleis/Red Meat Oct 2015.
- Vermeulen, H., Schönfeldt, H.C. and Pretorius, B. (2016) Lable Me(at), label you. Rooivleis/Red Meat Apr 2016
- Hendriks SL (2015). Ensuring food security: the critical element in addressing inequality and poverty. Invited opinion piece for the DST Science Forum, 9 December 2015, CSIR Convention Centre, Pretoria.
Share this page
Last edited by Sheryl HendriksEdit