Funding: Pay-outs and refunds
- Pay-outs during the year, (if applicable to your bursary to cover book allowances, private accommodation or living costs), are paid in accordance with the rules of your award and as approved by the University.
- In order to claim a pay-out, you have to complete the Pay-out/Refund form obtainable at the Student Service Centre (cashiers section) or print it from the University’s website at www.up.ac.za/feesfunding.
- If the source of the credit on your account is not as a result of an award or bursary, but is due to your own payments, then a refund may be requested at any time.
- However, if the source of the credit balance is due to an award or bursary, then refunds of a credit balance on a student account, resulting from an award or bursary, will only be paid out if in accordance with the rules of your award or bursary.
- All awards and bursaries are initially paid directly into your student account.
- Refunds, where applicable, will only be made if your account is fully paid.
- NSFAS loan/bursary holders: If a credit balance remains on the student account by the end of the academic year, NSFAS requires that such credits be returned to them as a first payment towards the loan awarded to the student.
- Refund of credit balances on the student account resulting from achievement awards, is limited to 50% refund of the credit balance in the 1st semester and the balance at the beginning of the 2nd Semester.
- In order to claim a refund, you have to complete the Refund/Bursary Pay-out form obtainable at the Client Service Centre (cashiers section) or print it from the University’s website at www.up.ac.za/feesfunding
Share this page
Last edited by Sean BooysenEdit