Pay-outs and refunds
- Pay-outs during the year, (if applicable to your bursary to cover book allowances, private accommodation or living costs), are paid in accordance with the rules of your award and as approved by the University.
- In order to claim a pay-out, you have to complete the refund/bursary pay-out form available at the Client Service Centre (cashiers section) or print it from the University’s website at www.up.ac.za.
- If the source of the credit on your student account is not as a result of a bursary, but is due to your own payments, then a refund may be requested at any time.
- However, if the source of the credit balance is due to a bursary, then refunds of a credit balance on a student account will only be paid out if in accordance with the rules of your bursary.
- All bursaries awarded are paid directly into your student account.
- Refunds, where applicable, will only be made if your account is fully paid.
- NSFAS loan/bursary-holders: If a credit balance remains on the student account at the end of the academic year, NSFAS requires such credits to be returned to NSFAS as a first payment towards the loan awarded to the student.
- In order to claim a refund, you have to complete the refund/bursary pay-out form available at the Client Service Centre (cashiers section) or print it from the University’s website at www.up.ac.za/feesfunding
Share this page
Last edited by Rufus MaphetoEdit