Vision and Mission
The Faculty of Veterinary Science of the University of Pretoria strives to be an accredited seat of veterinary excellence by being locally relevant, regionally pre-eminent and globally competitive. Our teaching and learning programmes, research and post graduate training and services shall be recognized for its quality, customer and stakeholder relevance and impact, being community engaged and sustainable. It fully harnesses the diversity of its students, staff, teaching and research.
- To provide an enquiry-led, cost-effective veterinary and veterinary nursing undergraduate and veterinary postgraduate education that is responsive to local context with national, regional and international recognition
- To provide theoretical, applied and postgraduate academic research that are congruent with international quality standards
- To integrate its community engagement activities into its core academic functions of teaching, learning and research
- In pursuing recognition the Faculty will use quality, relevance, diversity and sustainability being the navigational markers of the University of Pretoria
The members of the Faculty of Veterinary Science embrace the values of the University of Pretoria in that:
· our community of scholars must be founded on the pursuit of knowledge through teaching, learning and research with membership acquired on the basis of intellectual merit, ability and the potential for excellence; and that
· differing perspectives , arising from diverse backgrounds and histories that define our identities, deepen scholarly inquiry and enrich academic debate
· academic freedom, creative and innovative thought, ethical standards and integrity, accountability and social justice; and
· Our staff and students as the University’s core assets.
· an enquiry-led and evidence-based approach of creating knowledge; and
· academic citizenship, whereby we commit ourselves to harnessing our intellectual abilities in the interest of our nation and humanity
Share this page