Purpose of the Research Committee
The activities of the Research Committee of the Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences take place in terms of the directives for research at the University of Pretoria (see Rt 306/07; S4083/00; Rt 429/99; S3563/05). The aim is to coordinate and report in the prescribed format on research related activities of departments within the Faculty, whilst measures are put in place to support research by means of mentorship, training courses, as well as financial support.
A strategic objective of the Committee is the building of research capacity to increase both the quality and quantity of academic research, in order to be regarded as a leading Faculty not only in South Africa, but internationally.
Specific aims of the Research Committee are as follows:
· Formulation of research strategy
· Enhancement of the research culture of the Faculty
· Introduction of incentives to promote research endeavours
· Monitoring of progress with research programmes
· Coordination of the annual research report and its quality
· Liaison with support/funding organisations, including bursaries
· Coordination of submissions to external organisations
· Organising of research colloquiums
Click here for NRF rated researchers in the Faculty.
Share this page
Last edited by Gontse MoseseEdit