The Media Office team manages the University's interaction with online, print and broadcast media and documentary film crews. Our primary objective is to promote the excellence of UP staff and our programmes, and to assist journalists who seek information about the University and members of the campus community.
The Media Office is responsible for:
- coordinating responses to media enquiries and directing media to the appropriate experts;
- preparing media briefings, itineraries, and media conferences;
- researching, writing and distributing media releases;
- managing media monitoring, including analysis of media profile over time;
- managing issues and crisis communication; and
- presenting media training to media spokespersons and academics.
We have developed strong working relationships with members of print and broadcast news media and can help you communicate with the press to convey your news to a wider audience.
Please contact us for support with print, radio and television interviews, opinion pieces, news releases and special media events, and for guidance on what to do when a reporter calls you or if you would like to attend a media training workshop.
Contact: [email protected]
Tel: 082 995 1554
Email: mailto:[email protected] or [email protected]
Isabel de Necker
Tel: 012 420 5184
E-mail: [email protected]
Share this page
Last edited by Buyisiwe NkonyaneEdit